Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bathrooms and Brain Death

After reading about Andria and DK and their kitty bathroom issues, it reminded me of something.

Weight Watchers.

Bear with me here. Perhaps I should explain that, during my mysterious absence, I joined the old WW. I lost a little the first few weeks, then, due to stress, I started eating my weight in M&M’s regularly….so the scale was being an evil whore.

Anyway, I sucked it up and didn’t ditch the meeting last night. The scale wasn’t as mean as I thought she was going to be, but she certainly wasn’t very nice. For some reason, she seems to prefer salad and broiled chicken breasts to tortillas dipped in cheese sauce and chimichangas. I got there kind of early and got my weigh-in over with. Then, I sat and watched the rest of the group file in. Without exception, each and every person went to the bathroom before they got on the scale.




I got a new job! I don’t have to be in this hell-hole any more after Monday! And, me being the devious sort, I told the new job I couldn’t start until after Labor Day. Loopy needs a vacation. Actually, what Loopy needs is to clean her nasty house and play some Chuzzle and go to the gym. Anyone want to guess which activity will likely win?




Also, during that “missing in action” phase, I purchased the complete second season of Dead Like Me on DVD. For those of you who haven’t seen it, it’s a Showtime series. It’s completely the most fucked up thing ever. And I love it.




This morning, my friend JS e-mailed. She’s currently on the quest to become a PA, and has been taking a variety of fun classes like Chemistry and Microbiology. This semester, she’s taking Physiology. They have to get on a website to do various things for class, and so the professor asked them to post a little description of themselves…just for “getting to know you” purposes. Here were some of the responses:

Hello everyone. My name is Heather. I graduated from Mustang High School. I am a 21 year-old transfer student and this is my first semester at OU, although I have ALWAYS wanted to go here. I am a pre-nursing student as of now, but I continuously change my major. I LOVE all sciences EXCEPT Chemistry. I also have two long-haired dachshunds named Zoe and Bella. They are adorable!

Hi guys. My name is Meggan Henry and I am from Binghamton, New York. I am a junior and my major is Health and Sport Science and Physical Therapy. I love OU and it is a great campus. My roomies and I just brought a house here in Norman. I love listening to punk music and i love to do just about anything from watching movies to clubbing to whatever. It is all about having fun!

well my name is whitney. im from good ol' Texas!!! but dont worry, im a sooner through and through and truely bleed crimson and cream...i came here simply because i love OU...im a science education major and also pre-dental. i hope to one day run my own ortho practice. until then i just study and hang with my two bestest friends. college life is great and i never want to leave.

Hey everyone! My name is Tiffany and i'm from OKC. My major is PT and I love it here at OU. And for a girl i'm a HUGE football fan. I was coming to all the games even before we were national champs. I work at Johnny Carinos on the southside. One crazy thing about me is I took every class this semester with my friend. How many people can do that with this enrollment process. Well hope its a great semester for all!!!

Welcome to OU Dr. Ketchum!! My name is Josh Davis and in the past two years I have discovered what a great place this is, and I hope that you will experience the same in your first semester at our great university! I'm looking forward to your class. You seem very upbeat and extremely interested in what you do, and that is a nice change from some professors. Anyways, I'm from Claremore, OK which is just northeast of Tulsa. I've lived there all my life and wouldn't change a thing! Three interesting facts about me.........hmmmm, lets see. I am extremely involved on campus; I am currently working on Homecoming 2005, The Big Event, and I was a Camp Crimson Counselor over the summer. I work in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (V.P. Clarke Stroud) as a student clerk. And third, I am obsessed with the weather; I think its just from growing up in Oklahoma and always being outside, but I can't wait till spring co mes so I can go storm chasing! Anyways, I look forward to meeting you personaly in class, and I'm looking forward to a great semester!
-Josh Davis

Here was my suggestion for JS for what she should post:
Hi, I'm JS. I am originally from the depths of hell, but I list my official home as Texas. I hate OU (go Longhorns!!), but I'm stuck here for the time being. I have two cats and two children, both of whom share my love for satanic rituals. In my free time, I like to make voodoo dolls, research deadly poisons, and dance naked by the light of the moon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw loopy, ya done it again!!! heheheee!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I like hanging out with my bestest friends too.

warcrygirl said...

LOL Don't forget to suggest she sign it with "LICK ME WHERE I PEE!" Cuz that's what I would do.